I Was Sick Before My Sack – Former Power Minister Saleh Mamman

Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements

 Former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, has denied that he fainted after he was sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari from his cabinet.

Advertisements

The former minister said that he had been unwell before the announcement of his sack.

Advertisements

Mamman and the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Sabo Nanono, were sacked Tuesday August 31 in an exercise that the Presidency said was a continuous one.

Advertisements


Mamman who spoke during an interview with BBC Hausa, noted that he had also not been on hospital admission, as rumoured, despite his illness.

“Even before this sack was announced, I was very unwell because I didn’t even go to the office earlier this week.

I achieved giant strides in two years, says sacked power minister Mamman

“So, on Wednesday and Thursday, I also went back to the hospital for a check-up, and the doctor told me I needed a break; so, I remained at one place to rest.

“I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor.

“I didn’t stay at home because sympathisers were trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.

“But I was also not hospitalised, and I did not faint as reported.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *