The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has said no date has been fixed for the commencement of sales of the application forms for its 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Dr Fabian Benjamin, the Board’s Head, Media and Information, disclosed this in an interview on Wednesday in Lagos.
Benjamin, who spoke pursuant to widespread misinformation in a section of the media insinuating that the Board had already commenced the sales of forms for 2021 application, said that the Board had since refuted the report.
According to him, the report is totally false, misleading and malicious.
“The board’s attention has been drawn to some fictitious advertisement for the sales of the 2021 UTME/Direct Entry (DE) application documents purportedly coming from the Board. This is totally false, and an attempt to mislead the public as it has not rolled out its 2021 application documents.
“We have clearly defined channels of communication and as soon as we commence the process, the public will be duly informed via the necessary media platforms.
“The board, therefore, wishes to urge members of the general public not to be hoodwinked into falling prey to the antics of these persons, who derive pleasure in causing confusion.
“We all know the global disruptions caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), to education and other sectors of the economy, hence the delay in the commencement of the process as was obtained in previous years,” he clarified.
Benjamin, however, urged members of the public to always cross check with the board through its online platforms for authentic information./NAN//SHARE THIS
• Tags: Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB