Saturday , 30 May 2020
Latest News
Home » Breaking News / Latest News » Expensive Hair-Cut: Bournemouth Removes Nigerian Jordon Ibe From Team-list For Breaking Convid-19 Lockdown Order
Expensive Hair-Cut: Bournemouth Removes Nigerian Jordon Ibe From Team-list  For Breaking Convid-19 Lockdown Order

Expensive Hair-Cut: Bournemouth Removes Nigerian Jordon Ibe From Team-list For Breaking Convid-19 Lockdown Order

Jordon Ibe will not get the opportunity to finish the season with Bournemouth after the club decided against offering him an extended deal.
The winger, who joined the Cherries for a club record £15million fee in 2016, is out of contract on June 30 and will be released immediately, according to Sky Sports.

Premier League clubs are able to negotiate short-terms contracts with players whose deals expire next month so that they can finish the current campaign but Bournemouth has decided they’ve seen enough of him.
But that will not be an option Bournemouth explore with Ibe, who has not been a part of Eddie Howe’s first-team set-up for a number of months, instead training with the under-21s, after falling down the pecking order.

The 24-year-old is currently facing a possible club fine after being pictured appearing to breach lockdown regulations by getting a haircut earlier this week.

The south coast club have launched an internal investigation after Ibe posted a picture of himself having a trim on social media, just hours after Tottenham’s Serge Aurier found himself in hot water for doing the same thing.
He last played for Bournemouth in September and was not among the 40 players and staff the club have put down on their list for coronavirus testing.

The incident has not gone down well leaving Ibe, who later deleted the picture from his Instagram account, facing action.

A Bournemouth spokesman said: ‘We are aware of a social media post made by one of our players. We have launched an internal investigation, the outcome of which will remain confidential.’
Ibe later said sorry for the incident in a statement: ‘I didn’t think it through and I apologise.
I made sure to wear protective equipment but I didn’t realise it was in breach of the guidelines.

‘There wasn’t any intent to disobey the guidelines and as soon as it was brought to my attention, I took the post down immediately.’

Three weeks ago Ibe revealed he is in rehabilitation to improve his mental health and become a better person after ‘making poor judgements.’

He issued a public apology and confirmed he had sought help after being stopped by police while driving without a licence.
Ibe was banned from driving for 16 months and fined £7,500 in March after crashing his Bentley into a coffee shop in Bromley, south east London, before driving off.
While serving his ban the former Liverpool youngster has since been caught behind the wheel but he has now taken steps to address his off-field issues.

Ibe said in a statement released by his representatives: ‘I want to apologise for my recent actions and explain the circumstances around my behaviour.

‘I am currently in rehabilitation and hoping with the right help my mental health can improve and I can concentrate on becoming a better person after making poor judgements.

While banned from driving I have been stopped by the police driving my car and will now face punishment for this error.

‘I would like other people suffering from mental health issues to seek help.. Health is more important than anything and I am concentrating on getting better before thinking of football.’

Ibe burst onto the scene at Wycombe making his league debut in October 2011 aged 15 and 311 days and became their youngest ever Football League player and scorer before joining Liverpool in December 2011.
Ibe spent just over four-and-a-half years at Anfield, breaking into the England Under 21 set-up while there, before moving to Bournemouth

About Femi Ige